Saturday, December 6, 2008

Greetings for all, especially Christina!

FIRST OF ALL ..... PLEASE e-mail me at rjsandefer@comcast.net if you would like me to continue this blog......it does take quite a bit of time to crop the pictures, upload them, write the blog, etc. and if no one is looking at it, there's no sense in doing it (although I must admit that I do get a kick out of composing it!)

Christina, I hope you get to see this post -- I don't know how long you're visiting at Michaels... (Christina is my good friend from England that has been my penpal for 48 years! She visited us in 2007 for three weeks, so I know many of you have met her -- she is visiting her brother Michael in Kent, and he has a computer where she can view my blog....)


Well, Christmas season officially started in The Villages last Monday night with the lighting of the Christmas trees on the Squares. This was part of the crowd at Spanish Springs, where we went with our friends Dave and Andreen...Everyone had candles, it was very pretty! I had a video of the tree lighting, but it says it's in the wrong format to upload. :-(




We've done a little outdoor decorating on the house...



Does this look familiar?? In another blog they were our Halloween ghosts -- we added halos of lights and red bows to recycle them into angels...they look better at night...






Today we hung swag lights on the carport.....next year it will be icicles -- these were a pain to straighten out and hang!




Even the statuary down the street is getting in the Christmas spirit...




Well, we do have a little fall color here in The Villages, in addition to the Golden Raintree which I had on the blog a while back...




I finally got a picture of a cardinal at the feeder....my goal now is to get the male when he's feeding....

Last night Glen Beck was at the Savannah Center with his show, THE CHRISTMAS SWEATER. Since I ushered, I got to see the show, which was great! He basically played himself (the book is a fictional story of his life) and "narrated" the story. He had a great message, and has come through a lot in his life. There was no political tone to any of it, just a very touching Christmas redemption message. If you get a chance to read his book, you might enjoy it. Here's his bus that was parked out in front of Savannah Center...





Well, that's enough for today.....want to get this posted before Christina leaves to
go back home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Home!!!